Saturday, September 9, 2023

Something New About Something Old

 It struck me the other day that I have not posted anything to my blog for quite some time. Of course I am not the only one. Blogs in general are nearly a lost form given the waning attention span of the majority of the country today. Facebook seems to have taken over with most of the people I know. After all it seems as though it would take far less of our precious time to peruse a few memes that our friends have shared from other sources than to actually sit down to read something.  And if Facebook might be too "wordy", then Twitter, which seems to be rebranding itself as "X" (guess the name Twitter took too long to read) even limits the number of characters that one can write in one post. Now whether those forums actually save time, or on the contrary, waste far more time due to the temptation to just keep on clicking to view the next new piece of content, is a point almost all of us might consider.  But, as they say, it is what it is.  In any case, I have decide to not abandon this blog, whether anyone still reads it or not.

So, I am going to do a bit of a "catch up" with this post. For some time now, I have had the honor of doing the Old Testament Scripture readings for our Sunday morning worship service at ValleyView Baptist. Several weeks ago, when we started into the Book of Proverbs, our Pastor asked me to choose one proverb from each reading to highlight and provide a brief commentary on it. Below are the first of these "Proverb of the Week" entries.

 





Feel free to comment if you find this worthwhile.

2 comments:

B.C. said...

Thank you Lee for posting. I for one will continue reading your blog and others as well. Us old-timers are slow to change I think mainly because we were not raised up in the techno world, and frankly I'm fine not playing catch up. As a christian I enjoy your messages about that, and as a motorcycle rider I enjoy those posts as well. so if your still posting I'll keep reading.
Jesus and analog motorcycles forever.
BC

larnnbbm said...

I read everyone of them Lee T J Starling