Friday, January 7, 2022

An Election With More Rigging Than a Five-Masted Clipper Ship

You’re right.  I can only dream of being such a master of prose as to have come up with that title. But it doesn’t matter because I am here to direct you to the one who is that master of prose, namely, Doug Wilson.  If you are a conservative, and especially if you are a conservative Christian (if that’s not redundant) and you don’t follow Pastor Wilson’s writing and/or his readings of his writings, then the question is … why not?  He is on of my trusted sources for commentary on current issues in our “one nation under siege” (not 100% sure, but I think I just coined that phrase ... or else I have forgotten where I heard it before).  Oh sure, you might wonder why a Baptist such as I would promote a Presbyterian Pastor’s work, but that’s any easy one.  Doug is one of the old-style Presbyterians.  You know, the kind who believe the Bible, believe the gospel, and are trusting in the blood of Jesus for salvation.  So what if they misunderstand baptism; I trust that if that misunderstanding rises to the level of sin, then that too is one of the sins that Jesus paid the penalty for (and I am sure he would grant me the same grace).

This short video is just a small sample of what you can expect to hear for Pastor Wilson. This particular video is actually his book review of “Rigged: How the Media, Big Tech, and the Democrats Seized Our Elections” by Mollie Hemingway.   

https://www.amazon.com/Rigged-Media-Democrats-Seized-Elections/dp/168451259X

So, here is a painless way to find out if the book itself is something you want on your shelf, perhaps to keep as a record of what really happened once history has been fully re-written (as is being attempted as we speak).  Or maybe you want a free synopsis of the book to save you the purchase price.  Either way, its worth a few minutes of your time.



BTW, I personally prefer Doug’s writing to his reading of his writing.  I think it may be the cadence of his voice.  However, listening while I work in the shop does allow me to try to keep the shop at least close to profitable. You can find much more of Doug’s work here: Blog and Mablog (if you are not a Christian you might miss the play-on-words type reference to Gog and Magog from the Bible’s book of Revelation).

No comments: