Friday, October 28, 2011

The Heart of the Matter

"I just know in my heart that its what I should do..."

"Yeah, I know I don't live like I should, but God knows my heart..."

"I know in my heart that God wouldn't send anyone to hell..."

"I know I'm saved because I invited Jesus into my heart..."


Consider each of the above statements in light of what God says on the matter:

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9

There is only one solution to this problem of your desperately wicked heart:

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

That's right; a heart transplant performed by the Lord God Almighty! This would be a good time to seek him for your preoperative evaluation. You'll find it in the Holy Bible.

No comments: